Daily List03 Oct 2014
Originally posted on Medium. Notes inserted as quotes.
Below is the list I read every morning as I leave my apartment. (I’ve added comments to provide context around a few points.)
- “How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
- Do the most important thing first each day.
- You’re worth it and you can do it.
- Imagine your desired outcome and work backwards to figure out immediate steps.
- Meditate on this list.
Meta, but allows you to reevaluate your list every to determine what’s important.
- Replace the word problem with opportunity.
- Everything is worth it.
- Love is giving someone the power to destroy you and trusting them not to.
- Take a deep breath, remember your practice, you’ll be fine.
- Practice mental noting.
More info on this technique
- Live on.
- “Pass the coat.”
- Do small things with great love.
- “I’m glad you exist.”
The best compliment I’ve ever received.
- If you’re not failing, you’re not reaching high enough. Stay hungry. Be true. Dream big.
- Every decision, experience, success, and failure in life has brought me to this moment.
- The price of discipline is less than the price of regret.
- “I never saved anything for the swim back.”
- Don’t put off until tomorrow, what can be done today. Seriously.
- Take time to reflect.
- “Nobody cares about what you didn’t accomplish.”
- “When you go to work and aren’t a bit nervous that you can’t possibly do your job, find a more challenging one.”
What would your daily list look like? I’d love to hear your thoughts!